We are seeking submissions of personal essays, short stories, and poems for publication in our Fall 2023 issue.
We are looking for pieces that are aligned with our philosophy: we believe in the power of writing—in its plentitudes of forms, styles, and modes of exploration—to move the spirit, shift the gaze, and offer new perspectives. We publish works from diverse contributors, from emerging writers to more established ones, and we especially love writing offering fresh perspectives and for the now. LGBTQ, BIPOC, and Disabled writers are particularly encouraged to submit. We are an international and multicultural journal, and welcome works from writers from all over the world.
- Personal Essays: 1,500 - 5,000 words, double-spaced, 12 pt. font
- Short Stories: 1,500 - 5,000 words, double-spaced, 12 pt. font
- Poems: No more than 10 pages and no more than 5 poems, in ONE document.
- Unpublished work only.
- Simultaneous submissions permitted but please inform us as soon as you place the piece elsewhere.
- Format: .doc, .pdf, or .docx file.
We are a not-for-profit journal; to cover our administrative costs, we charge a reading fee of $5 per submission. We offer an honorarium of $50 per published piece.
Deadline: July 31, 2023 11:59 PM ET